Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Presentation Skills

I attended a presentation yesterday and really wonder how people become "consultants". Does having Dr. in front of your name do it? Having a book published? What does it. The person I saw was brought here (to VA) from California. She was not brought here just for this particular presentation but it was part of a few that she was doing while on this coast. I have heard many people speak highly of this presenter and she did have some good ideas. However I was not impressed with her at all. There were numerous references to personal life experiences (failed eharmony and match.com matches), a borderline inappropriate joke, a very dry presentation. I almost feel like if I could have gotten as much out of it if I had the handout and the powerpoint without sitting through the whole presentation. I wonder how much it cost to get her here. I wonder if I am the only one who was not impressed with the presentation. I did make some mental notes about things that I will make sure I pay attention to in myself as I present to others.

1 comment:

Pete said...
This comment has been removed by the author.